Successful applicants will be required:
- To have completed a Bachelor’s degree in either biology or chemistry with at least a 3.0 GPA and at least one course in genetics.
- To take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (the general test only; the advanced subject test is optional)
- To provide two letters of recommendation from former instructors.
- To submit a Statement of interest
- To provide TOEFL results (if your most recent academic degree is from a university where English is NOT the primary language of instruction)
- To complete and submit an application - there is a $35 application fee.
All of the above materials should be submitted by April 15 for admission in the fall semester.
Additional application materials should be sent to:
School of Natural Sciences Office
1200 University St. Unit 9003
Spearfish, SD 57799-9003
to (605) 642-6762
There are limited Graduate Assistantships available, awarded on a competitive basis. Please contact us for more information.
- Academic requirements:
All students enrolled in the program take 12 credits from the core curriculum, and at least 8 credits from the list of electives. The core, which should be completed in the first year of study, is designed to provide a current overview of the field and techniques. The electives provide additional relevant emphases. Additionally, students will attend a weekly invited seminar series.