Maximize your potential for success!
The MBA program in Applied Management at BHSU is designed specifically for managers and professionals and will be delivered face-to-face in Rapid City. To accommodate employed students, all classes will be delivered in the evening, after business hours in Rapid City.
Admission requirements for the MBA in Applied Management include professional work experience and a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
Apply for Admission
Submit your application online or mail your completed application and your $35 non-refundable application fee to the BHSU Graduate Studies Office listed below.
- Online graduate studies application
- One of the following:
- B.S. in Business Administration or Management with a cumulative GPA > 3.0
- B.S. degree in a non-business field plus 18 credits of required prerequisite business courses; GMAT score recommended
- Official transcripts documenting Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from a supervisor in a professional work environment
- Detailed resume outlining education, professional work experience, and professional development
- Writing sample in the form of a personal essay responding to the following:
- Why have you decided to pursue the BHSU applied MBA
- Describe an ethical dilemma you have faced and how you resolved the issue.
- Describe an innovative idea that you have put into practice, the challenges you faced and how it was accomplished
Take your Prerequisites
You may need to complete prerequisites for admission into the MBA program. contact Dr. Byron Hollowell, MBA program coordinator, at 605-642-6429 or call the College of Business and Natural Sciences at 605-645-6212 for more information.
Graduate Studies Office
Black Hills State University
1200 University St. Unit 9501
Spearfish, SD 57799-9501