Former prime minister of the United Kingdom Tony Blair is one of 10 prominent leaders who will speak during the Maximum Impact Leadership Simulcast Friday, May 8 at BHSU.
Community business leaders can access the knowledge and experience of 10 internationally-acclaimed leaders by attending the Maximum Impact Simulcast at Black Hills State University Friday, May 8.
The Maximum Impact Simulcast is a one-day leadership training event broadcast live from Atlanta, Ga., to approximately 500 host sites throughout the nation. The speakers will present discussions on subjects such as leading in difficult times, converging people and purpose, building strong teams by understanding and embracing change, overcoming personal and professional adversity, utilizing the power of passion and creativity, and balancing the needs of customers, employees and company shareholders.
Speakers for the event include:
- Tony Blair, former prime minister of the United Kingdom;
- Jack Nicklaus, winner of a record 18 major golf championships;
- Bill George, Harvard business professor, former Medtronic CEO, and author of True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership;
- John C. Maxwell, best-selling author, speaker, and leadership thought leader;
- Al Weiss, president of worldwide operations for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts;
- Liz Murray, inspirational speaker, "Homeless to Harvard";
- Linda Kaplan Thaler, CEO & Chief Creative Officer of the Kaplan Thaler Group and author of The Power of Nice;
- Mark Sanborn, best-selling author of The Fred Factor and president of Sanborn & Associates, Inc.;
- Kevin Carroll, highly-acclaimed author, founder of Kevin Carroll Katalyst/LLC and former Nike creative; and
- Ernie Johnson, professional sports announcer and host of TNT's Emmy Award-winning Inside the NBA.
"This is a tremendous opportunity for people in the region to hear valuable leadership insights from world-class communicators,” said Dean Myers, provost and vice president of Academic Affairs at BHSU. “It's a rare opportunity to hear from successful leaders in a variety of fields while also meeting local leaders and building business relationships."
BHSU decided to host the event to provide additional educational opportunities to students pursuing the new online Strategic Leadership master’s degree. The leadership event is also open to other students, faculty, and community members for a fee of $89.
For local ticketing information, call (605) 642-6321, email CherylTempleton@BHSU.edu or register at EdOutreach.BHSU.edu/Registration then click on the Maximum Impact link.