Your safety and security is our top priority. That's why we have implemented a Campus Alert System for all students, faculty, and staff. In the event of an emergency, you can have critical weather and other emergency-related alerts sent directly to your cell, home, and/or office phone or email.
You may choose the way(s) in which you will be notified. They are as follows.
- Mobile Phone
- Second Mobile Phone
- Home Phone
- Business Phone
- Campus Assigned Email
- Secondary Email
- SMS (text message sent to mobile phone)
- Instant Messaging
Note: You will be able to assign priorities to each of the above; your priority one device(s) will be notified first, followed by your second, and so on. Once you acknowledge the alert, further notifications will not be sent.
In order to recieve these important alerts, you must first register:
- Authorization Codes are generated for all new students within the first four weeks of the semester and will be sent to your BHSU Yellow Jacket email account.
- Go to Everbridge Online Registration at www.everbridge.net and click on New Member Registration.
- Enter your authorization code and confirm that your member ID that is displayed on the next screen is correct.
- Select “No” when it asks you if you are an existing Everbridge member.
- Create a numeric password, between 6-10 digits long. Be sure to write this down and keep in a secure location.
- Select a password reminder.
- Create an alias user ID and an alpha-numeric password. This alias user ID and alpha-numeric password combination can be used in place of your member ID number and numeric password to update your account.
- Verify the personal address information displayed.
- Confirm/add phone and email contact information* using hyphens for phone numbers and entering your cell phone number again for the SMS/text message section (if chosen).
- Set the priority levels (the order in which you wish to be notified by device type) for both emergency and standard alerts. Note that all 8 do not need to be selected, and that NA (not applicable) means that you will not receive an alert of that type.
- Retain a copy of your confirmation notice for your records, so that you can update your account anytime you have a change in personal contact information, switch cell phone providers, add an email account, etc. Please note that you are responsible for keeping your information up-to-date. To do so, go to www.everbridge.net and click “Log In.”
- Contact the BHSU help desk if you have any questions or issues after setting up your Everbridge account at email@example.com or call 605.642.6580.
Thank you for your help in making BHSU more safe and secure.
*This information will not be shared, sold, or used in any fashion other than for alerts to BHSU students, faculty, and staff.
Preparing for an emergency is everyone’s responsibility. Please read the following information carefully.
Keep an emergency kit under or beside your desk or bed. It is recommended that your emergency kit contain enough supplies for a 72-hour period. The following list has essentials you will want to include.
- First aid kit and manual
- Critical medications, copies of prescriptions
- Bottled water
- Flashlight and spare batteries
- Sturdy shoes, raingear, change of clothes, sweater or jacket
- Non-perishable foods (energy bars)
- Blanket or sleeping bag
- Personal hygiene items
- Sealable plastic bags (for waste and storage)
- Tissues, pre-moistened towelettes
- Out-of-area emergency contact telephone number