Spectacular settings have a way of inspiring amazing opportunities, and when your surroundings have as much history, intrigue and majesty as the Black Hills of South Dakota …there’s no telling just how far your education will take you.
Black Hills State University, located in the heart of the northern Black Hills – Spearfish, South Dakota, offers 72 academic programs at the associate, bachelor, and master degree levels. BHSU, which has over 4,000 students, has earned a reputation for transforming lives through innovative, high-quality academic programs and a dynamic learning community.
- ENROLLMENT: 4,464
- CAMPUS: 123 acres
- MASCOT: Yellow Jacket (Sting)
- SCHOOL COLORS: Green & Gold
- FACULTY WITH TERMINAL DEGREE: 69%
- HOUSING: 5 Residence Halls (All Co-ed), 8-Building Apartment Complex
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMS: 63 bachelor degrees, 4 associate degree programs, 20 pre-professional programs and 5 master degrees
- STUDENT BODY: 84% from South Dakota from all of the 66 South Dakota counties, 16% from 44 other states and 29 countries
- FINANCIAL AID: 78% of BHSU students receive assistance
- AFFILIATION: 4-year South Dakota public liberal arts university
- ACCREDITATIONS: National Association of Schools of Music, National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, South Dakota Department of Education and Cultural Affairs, Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board