BHSU Summer Academic Camps:
June 10-14, 2019 | 9AM - 3:30PM
For students entering grades K-6.
Black Hills State University is hosting Camp Invention at their Spearfish campus! This is a week-long summer academic program that provides children hands-on opportunities to explore, create, and invent in relevant ways that prepare them to change the world. In partnership with more than 1,500 schools nationwide, the Camp Invention program:
- -Encourages children’s creative problem-solving with STEM-focused activities
- -Inspires girls and minority children to imagine themselves as engineers and innovators
- -Develops children’s critical thinking and communication skills
- -Blends entrepreneurship with collaboration skills necessary for success in the global workforce
- -Integrates expertise and challenges from the National Inventors Hall of Fame Inductees
- -Instills the value of Intellectual Property and the roles that patents, trademarks and copyrights play in the landscape of invention and innovation
- -Is backed by the United States Patent and Trademark Office
Discover The New 2019 Camp Invention Program!
Each year, our education team collaborates with National Inventors Hall of Fame® Inductees to develop a new, action-packed Camp Invention experience for your child. With our 2019 program, Supercharged™, campers will take on four exciting challenges, meet innovative superheroes and bring home a newfound confidence.
Read more about the K-6 program.
Watch the program in action.
Cost is $230 per Student.
Scholarships Provided by John T. Vucurevich Foundation, Spearfish Zonta club, & Spearfish Area Community Foundation.
Contact Janet Briggs: Janet.Briggs@bhsu.edu for information about the scholarships or if you have general questions about Camp Invention.
Campers will be provided with lunch at A'viands and a free T-shirt.