BHSU Summer Academic Camps:
June 10-14, 2019 | 9AM - 3:30PM
Camp Invention, hosted by Black Hills State University, is a week-long summer academic program that provides children hands-on opportunities to explore, create, and invent in relevant ways that prepare them to change the world. In partnership with more than 1,500 schools nationwide, the Camp Invention program:
- -Encourages children’s creative problem-solving with STEM-focused activities
- -Inspires girls and minority children to imagine themselves as engineers and innovators
- -Develops children’s critical thinking and communication skills
- -Blends entrepreneurship with collaboration skills necessary for success in the global workforce
- -Integrates expertise and challenges from the National Inventors Hall of Fame Inductees
- -Instills the value of Intellectual Property and the roles that patents, trademarks and copyrights play in the landscape of invention and innovation
- -Is backed by the United States Patent and Trademark Office
Let’s invent the future today! Fast Forward to Camp Invention’s new 2018 program where campers will explore with fun, hands-on activities that encourage creative problem solving, teamwork, entrepreneurship and curiosity. At the end of the program, each camper will bring home two personalized robots!
→ For students entering grades K-5. Read more about the K-5 Program
Cost is $129 per Student. Scholarships are available
→ For students entering grades 6-8 (10 modules- Over 15 hours of programming, including video game design, extreme shoe, mod my sunglasses, and programmable bots) Read more about the 6-8 Program
Cost is $169 per student. Scholarships are available.
For questions and more information, contact Cody Lawson: Cody.Lawson@BHSU.edu